Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Beggining

This is my first blog. My name is josh despite what the blog name says. I love to fish, and I do it often . It is the beginning of August, so I have done a lot of fishing this year. As for starters here are some pictures of some fishing I did in my pond today. In my pond we have black bass, large mouth and small mouth, and sterile channel cats. The bass don't grow very big due to genetics and habitat, but the channel cats, which are 13 years old, are of good size, but are harder to catch.
The pondA small jig that I used. The tail is designed so that it moves the jig downward. Interesting way to make a small jig stay near the bottomA little bass. I managed to land this one even though he jumped several times. I've lost a lot of bass in the pond because they jump a lot. Same thing relates to all bass. I've heard that when they jump you bow to them. It loosens the line so that when they shake no pressure is pushing the bait outward. Sorry about the poor picture quality. It was a sunny and windy day out.A little red devil spoon. A spoon is good for lake trout and pike. Here is the bass I caught with it:

2 comments:

  1. Joshua, your blog is AWESOME!!!! Wow! Well done on figuring out how to do it. I don't know anything about fishing, so I'm looking forward to reading every post you have. I'm really proud of you. Keep up the great work and the great pictures! Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOSHUA I LOVE YOU ....you are so talented but don't let that get to your head love it keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete